Privilege Card Terms & Conditions (2014 Editions) ("Terms")
These Terms apply to the Privilege Card provided to you by Marston's PLC ("Privilege Card") on or around 1 November 2014 and govern the relationship between Marston's PLC ("Marston's", "we" or "us") and the Privilege Card Holder ("Holder" or "you") and your use of the Privilege Card. By using the Privilege Card, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Who do we issue a Privilege Card to?
Employees and Marston's Pensioners:
- A Privilege Card is issued to all Head Office, Production and Distribution employees and Retail Managers upon commencement of their employment and pensioners whose pension is paid through Marston's payroll. Employees who leave Marston's, and subsequently elect to crystallise a Marston's occupational pension benefit not paid through payroll, can also apply to Marston's for a Privilege Card. We reserve the right to ask for proof of pension entitlement/payment and any other documentation we may reasonably require before issuing a Privilege Card.
- A Privilege Card is issued to retail employees with 13 weeks' continuous service as 1 April 2014. Thereafter, cards are issued quarterly in July, October and January based on 13 weeks service as at the first day of each of these months.
- A Privilege Card will be issued to all individual shareholders in Marston's (whether shares are held directly or via a nominee) who hold at least the minimum qualifying number of ordinary shares in Marston's at the time the relevant Privilege Card is issued ("Minimum Qualifying Number").
- We reserve the right to amend the Minimum Qualifying Number from time to time. The current Minimum Qualifying Number(s) are as follows:
- Shareholders in Marston's prior to and including 30 October 2014 – 84 ordinary shares
- Shareholders in Marston's from and including 31 October 2014 – 500 ordinary shares
- PLEASE NOTE: From 31 October 2016 to qualify for a Privilege Card, ALL Shareholders will be required to hold at least 500 shares.
- The Privilege Card entitles the Holder (who must be present) and the Holder's party to a 20% discount (the "Discount") on food and/or accommodation at participating pubs. This Discount will be rounded up to the nearest penny. The Discount on any accommodation is deducted from the cost of the room and breakfast (where included within the room rate).
- The Discount applies to food shown on all participating pub's menus and specials boards including Two for One and Two for £10 (subject to availability).
- The Privilege Card can be used on bank holidays (subject to the exclusions below).
- The Discount also applies to function room hire and associated function menus, booked in the name of the Holder at which the Holder must be present.
- The Privilege Card may also be used on purchases from each of our Brewery shops from time to time.
Participating pubs are available on our website and can be accessed here ("Website"). The list of participating pubs does change from time to time so please check the Website before you visit. We recommend that to avoid any disappointment you always check with the manager of the pub for confirmation that they participate in the scheme before you order.
Validating your Privilege Card
- The Privilege Card is valid from 1 November 2014 to and including 31 October 2016. The scheme is expected to be renewed every 2 years.
- Privilege Cards must be signed upon receipt. Further proof of identification may be requested by the participating pub.
- A signed Privilege Card must be presented at the point of ordering and you will be requested to sign your till receipt following payment. Failure to do so will render the Holder's Discount invalid.
- Exchange, transfer or sale of the Privilege Card is strictly prohibited and any attempt to do so will invalidate the Privilege Card and the Holder's ability to receive any future cards. The Discount cannot be exchanged for cash or any other benefit.
- The Privilege Card cannot be used in any participating pubs on Christmas Day and Mother's Day and the Discount shall not apply on any accommodation or function booking on Christmas Day or Mother's Day.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Discount shall not be applied to the cost of any drinks purchased in participating pubs. The Privilege Card cannot be used in conjunction with any food promotion which includes a free or discounted drink as part of the promotion.
- In accordance with normal licensing conditions, the licensee of any participating pub may refuse to serve any person at their sole discretion.
- Lost or stolen Privilege Cards must be notified to us immediately with replacements issued at our sole discretion.
- We do amend these Terms and the list of participating pubs from time to time. The most recent version of each shall be displayed on the Website. These Terms were most recently updated on the date that appears in the bottom left-hand corner of the Terms.
- These Terms apply between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any Terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- These Terms are governed by English law and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This scheme is operated at the sole discretion of Marston's. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this scheme at any time without prior notice. Privilege Card Discount is a discretionary benefit and not a contractual right under any terms and conditions of share purchase or employment.