Marston's Privilege Card
Terms & Conditions
VIRTUAL PRIVILEGE CARD TERMS & CONDITIONS (2022 EDITION) ("TERMS")
These Terms apply to the Virtual Privilege Card (containing a QR code) provided to you by Marston’s PLC (“Virtual Privilege Card”) on or after 26 May 2022 and govern the relationship between Marston’s PLC (“Marston’s”, “we” or “us”) and the Privilege Card Holder (“Holder” or “you”) and your use of the Virtual Privilege Card. By using the Virtual Privilege Card, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
WHO DO WE ISSUE A PRIVILEGE CARD TO?
- A Virtual Privilege Card with an individual QR code is issued to all Marston’s Pub Support Centre (Head Office) employees, General Managers and retail employees upon commencement of their employment (“Holder”).
- Virtual Privilege Cards are valid for the duration of the Holder’s employment (at Marston’s sole discretion and subject to these Terms).
- The Virtual Privilege Card entitles the Holder and the Holder’s party (provided that the Holder is present) to a 20% discount (the “Discount”) on food and/or accommodation at participating pubs and hotels. This Discount will be rounded up to the nearest penny.
- The Discount on any accommodation is deducted from the cost of the room and breakfast (where included within the room rate). For the Discount to apply, all bookings must be made (i) directly with the hotel, (ii) via the call centre on 01902 916907 or (iii) via our Marston’s Inns website at:www.marstonsinns.co.uk . All bookings are subject to availability. For the avoidance of doubt, bookings made through third party websites will not be eligible to receive a Discount.
- The Discount applies to food shown on all participating pubs’ menus and specials boards including Two for One (subject to availability).
- The Virtual Privilege Card can be used on bank holidays (subject to the exclusions below).
- The Discount also applies to function room hire and associated function menus, booked in the name of the Holder at which the Holder must be present.
- Participating pubs and hotels are available on our website and can be accessed at http://privilegecard.marstonspubs.co.uk (“Website”). The list of participating pubs does change from time to time so please check the Website before you visit. We recommend that to avoid any disappointment you always check with the manager of the pub for confirmation that they participate in the scheme before you order or make a booking.
VALIDATING YOUR PRIVILEGE CARD
- The Virtual Privilege Card is valid from 26 May 2022.
- Your Virtual Privilege Card is unique to you [and is linked to your employee number]. Photographic ID (and any other documentation we may reasonably require) may be requested by the participating pub, hotel or by Marston’s in order to verify the identity and eligibility of Holder(s) at any time.
- The Virtual Privilege Card remains Marston’s property and we reserve the right to revoke it at any time.
- Your Virtual Privilege Card must be presented at the point of ordering and/or payment. Failure to do so will render the Discount invalid.
- The Discount cannot be exchanged for cash or any other benefit.
- Subject to availability.
- The Virtual Privilege Card cannot be used in any participating pubs on Christmas Day and Mother’s Day.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Discount shall not be applied to the cost of any drinks purchased and the Virtual Privilege Card cannot be used in conjunction with any food or accommodation promotion which includes a free or discounted accommodation or drink as part of the promotion.
- Discount applied to accommodation at a Marston’s Inn, is limited to a maximum of two rooms per Holder in any one reservation. If Marston’s reasonably believes that the same Holder has made a series of bookings at the same hotel, for the same dates, Marston’s reserves the right to cancel the Discount on any rooms in excess of the maximum two rooms permitted.
- The Virtual Privilege Card cannot be used in conjunction with any hotel discounted rate which includes seasonal offer, semi flex, saver or prepaid rates.
- The Virtual Privilege Card does not apply to breakfast at Marston’s Inns.
- In accordance with normal licensing conditions, the licensee of any participating pub or hotel may refuse to serve any person at their sole discretion.
- You must not allow anyone else to use your Virtual Privilege Card, or for your Virtual Privilege Card to be distributed or shared with any third party in any format.
- Exchange, transfer or sale of your Virtual Privilege Card is strictly prohibited.
- If you know or suspect that your Virtual Privilege Card has been distributed, shared or compromised in any other way, you must report this to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Where appropriate, your Virtual Privilege Card may be withdrawn and re-issued at Marston’s sole discretion.
- We do amend these Terms and the list of participating pubs and hotels from time to time. The most recent version of each shall be displayed on the Website. These Terms were most recently updated on the date or month indicated on the Website.
- We may place a limit on the number of times a Virtual Privilege Card can be used with specific term period(s), at Marston’s sole discretion from time to time.
- These Terms apply between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce these Terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- These Terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We may disclose your information to third parties for purposes of identity verification or administration of the Virtual Privilege Card scheme.
- For more information or any question, please email email@example.com and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
This scheme is operated at the sole discretion of Marston’s. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this scheme at any time without prior notice. Virtual Privilege Card Discount is a discretionary benefit and not a contractual right under any terms and conditions or employment.
Terms updated May 2022