Marston's Privilege Card
Terms & Conditions
PRIVILEGE CARD TERMS & CONDITIONS (2020 EDITION) (“TERMS”)
These Terms apply to the Privilege Card provided to you by Marston’s PLC (“Privilege Card”) on or around 1 November 2018 and govern the relationship between Marston’s PLC (“Marston’s”, “we” or “us”) and the Privilege Card Holder (“Holder” or “you”) and your use of the Privilege Card. By using the Privilege Card, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
WHO DO WE ISSUE A PRIVILEGE CARD TO?
Employees and Marston’s Pensioners:
- A Privilege Card is issued to all Head Office, Production and Distribution employees and General Managers upon commencement of their employment and pensioners whose pension is paid through Marston’s payroll. Employees who leave Marston’s, and subsequently elect to crystallise a Marston’s occupational pension benefit not paid through payroll, can also apply to Marston’s for a Privilege Card.
- A Privilege Card is issued to retail employees with 13 weeks’ continuous service as at 1 October 2018. Thereafter, cards are issued quarterly in January, April, July and October based on 13 weeks service as at the first day of each of these months.
- A Privilege Card is issued to all individual shareholders in Marston’s (whether shares are held directly or via a nominee) who, on or before 30 September 2020, hold at least the minimum qualifying number of ordinary shares in Marston’s at the time the relevant Privilege Card is issued (“Minimum Qualifying Number”). We reserve the right to amend the Minimum Qualifying Number from time to time. The current Minimum Qualifying Number is 500.
- For the avoidance of doubt a Privilege Card is a discretionary benefit for Marston’s people only. What that means is that with the exception of nominees (as stated above), Privilege Cards are not issued to, or valid if used by, corporate or business entities, including (but not limited to) ‘Limited’ companies, investment clubs and/or trustees.
- The Privilege Card entitles the Holder and the Holder’s party (provided that the Holder is present) to a 20% discount (the “Discount”) on food and/or accommodation at participating pubs and lodges. This Discount will be rounded up to the nearest penny.
- The Discount on any accommodation is deducted from the cost of the room and breakfast (where included within the room rate). For the Discount to apply, all bookings must be made direct with the relevant lodge or via our Marston’s Inns website www.marstonsinns.co.uk , subject to availability. For the avoidance of doubt, bookings made through 3rd party websites will not be eligible to receive a Discount.
- The Discount applies to food shown on all participating pub’s menus and specials boards including Two for One (subject to availability).
- The Privilege Card can be used on bank holidays (subject to the exclusions below).
- The Discount also applies to function room hire and associated function menus, booked in the name of the Holder at which the Holder must be present.
- The Privilege Card may also be used on purchases from each of our Brewery shops from time to time.
- Participating pubs and lodges are available on our website and can be accessed at http://privilegecard.marstons.co.uk (“Website”). The list of participating pubs does change from time to time so please check the Website before you visit. We recommend that to avoid any disappointment you always check with the manager of the pub for confirmation that they participate in the scheme before you order or make a booking.
VALIDATING YOUR PRIVILEGE CARD
- The Privilege Card is valid from 1 November 2018 to and including 31 October 2021.
- The Privilege Card remains Marston’s property and we reserve the right to revoke it and/or ask you to return it at any time.
- Privilege Cards must be signed upon receipt and you must not allow anyone else to use it. Further proof of identification may be requested by the participating pub, or lodge or by Marston’s.
- A signed Privilege Card must be presented at the point of ordering and/or payment of booking and you may be requested to sign your till receipt following payment. Failure to do so will render the Holder’s Discount invalid.
- Exchange, transfer or sale of the Privilege Card is strictly prohibited and any attempt to do so will invalidate the Privilege Card and the Holder’s ability to receive any future cards. The Discount cannot be exchanged for cash or any other benefit.
- We reserve the right to ask for proof of pension entitlement/payment, your identity and any other documentation we may reasonably require before issuing, or at any time during your use of, a Privilege Card.
- Subject to availability.
- The Privilege Card cannot be used in any participating pubs or lodges on Christmas Day and Mother’s Day.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Discount shall not be applied to the cost of any drinks purchased and the Privilege Card cannot be used in conjunction with any food promotion which includes a free or discounted drink as part of the promotion.
- Discount applied to accommodation at a Marston’s lodge shall be limited to a maximum of two rooms per Holder in any one booking. If Marston’s reasonably believes that the same Holder has made a series of bookings at the same lodge, for the same dates, Marston’s reserve the right to cancel the Discount on any rooms in excess of the maximum two rooms permitted.
- In accordance with normal licensing conditions, the licensee of any participating pub may refuse to serve any person at their sole discretion.
- Lost or stolen Privilege Cards must be notified to us immediately with replacements issued at our sole discretion.
- We do amend these Terms and the list of participating pubs and lodges from time to time. The most recent version of each shall be displayed on the Website. These Terms were most recently updated on the date that appears in the bottom left-hand corner of the Terms.
- These Terms apply between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any Terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- These Terms are governed by English law and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We may disclose your information to third parties for purposes of identity verification or administration of the Privilege Card scheme.
This scheme is operated at the sole discretion of Marston’s. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this scheme at any time without prior notice. Privilege Card Discount is a discretionary benefit and not a contractual right under any terms and conditions of share purchase or employment.
Terms updated September 2020